The Auto Care Association is the voice for the auto care industry—a coast-to-coast network of 500,000 independent manufacturers, distributors, parts stores and repair shops offering quality, choice and innovation for drivers. The Auto Care Association keeps its members ahead of the curve so they can continue to serve every kind of vehicle on the road today—providing parts and services designed to make vehicles last longer, perform better and keep drivers safer.
We are currently seeking an exceptional Executive Assistant to support our Senior Vice President, Strategic Development. The Executive Assistant to the Senior Vice President, Strategic Development provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the Senior Vice President, Strategic Development. The person in this role must be extremely well organized and an independent thinker who is creative and enjoys working within a mission-driven, results-oriented environment. The ideal individual will exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, and have strong technical skills to include experience with various productivity tools. This person must balance multiple priorities while managing and protecting the executive’s schedule. The Executive Assistant will work independently on projects and work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities. This position requires exceptional administrative and organizational skills.
The specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Maintain responsibility for a broad range of administrative tasks for the Senior Vice President including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings and internal meetings
- Responsible for coordinating and ensuring adherence to the SVP’s schedule. Act as “gatekeeper” and provide direct access to the SVP’s time as appropriate
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the SVP, with senior management, board/committee members, association members, association staff, and others on matters related to SVP’s division initiatives
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the SVP and determine appropriate course of action
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the SVP’s office and internal departments; demonstrate leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management and staff
- Represent the SVP by attending meetings in his absence and speaking on his behalf
- Implement a hands-on approach with respect to completing projects and assignments and provide a level of support that facilitates the SVP’s ability to effectively lead the division
- Manage various projects on behalf of SVP and the division; prioritize accordingly and maintain confidentiality
- Prepare meeting agendas for all internal team meetings and maintain a record of items addressed at team meetings; distribute notes to team and/or send team members action items as appropriate
- Read and analyze incoming memos and reports and address as appropriate while bringing any high priority items to the SVP’s attention
- Prepare first drafts of written communications to internal and external stakeholders including reports and analysis of research
- Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing a professional network; and participating in professional group events