Dorman Products is a leading supplier of automotive and heavy duty replacement parts, automotive hardware and brake parts, and fasteners to the Automotive and Heavy Vehicle Aftermarkets. Since 1978, Dorman Products has maintained a small company attitude with big company aspirations. Ideation and innovation are what drive our organization and Dorman distinguishes itself by delivering value and solutions to customers and end-users, and to be the first-to-market with new products.
Plans, organizes, and controls an assigned product line from conceptual stages through product life cycles to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial, and corporate growth objectives by performing the following duties.
- Work in conjunction with group project manager to develop of annual product plans for assigned categories.
- Provides product development objectives and schedules for all phases of product development.
- Develop and maintain complete product data information consisting of competitive feature benefit review, competitive interchange, product description and function, product numbers and break down and pricing information and rationale.
- Analyze new product opportunities and market conditions through trade shows, customer visits and field research.
- Complete perpetual gap analyses and lead cross-functional team to develop sourcing for all new product introductions, and communicate new bulk availability to category manager. « Manages day-to-day progress of product.
- Provides technical expertise and training to other departments in support of product development. « Provide technical product support at trade shows, as required.
- Support inside personnel (i.e. Customer Service, Inside Sales Telemarketing, etc.) by providing technical product information.
- Provide direction to the Application Engineering group to assist in the development of complete application guides.
- Implement new product projects for assigned product categories as directed by the group product manager.
- Timely and regular attendance
- Work closely with Packaging Engineers to develop Bill of Materials for assigned product line.